Wednesday, September 5, 2007

WFMW - Organic Milk and a Not-So-Green Baggie


Ah, WFMW... Today's theme WFMW over at Rocks in my Dryer is Brand Loyalty. What brand names always work for you?

I have said it before, and I will say it again. My secret un-green shame is Ziploc bags. I love how they seal, I love how they repel water, I love how they come in so many cute sizes. As that wacky woman Molly Shannon played on SNL used to say, "I love 'em, I love 'em, I love 'em."

So, let me try to redeem myself by trying to get some green back into the conversation. I just cannot bring myself to buy non-organic milk for my children. My favorite (and it also happens to be the least expensive) brand is Whole Foods' 365 1% milk. Not very sexy, I know. But I am loyal to it.

3 comments:

Mary Beth said...

I always used to buy non-organic milk and thought nothing of it--it's what I was raised on. Then, when I married Ken, he insisted on organic and now I'm glad--I understand it's one of the best organic purchases you can make and I sure don't want the little ones getting extra hormones in their milk. I'm not brand loyal though--just get whichever one is handy at the time.

Anonymous said...

Gift of Green, I saw somewhere recently, that organic milk failed some kind of test -- not sure what it was now. So, just wondering if organic milk really is safest.

Gift of Green said...

SusieJ - I'll need to do a search for the test you're referring to - there is a website that ranks the "organic-ness" of different milk brands. I'll see if I can dig up the link.