Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Uh...like...hellloooooo?

Yes, dear readers, I am still here - just enjoying the past week and a half of frantically getting up to speed at my new place of employment. I promise to post more later, but my latest job-related read was Because of Winn-Dixie which I read last night in just a couple of hours. If you saw the movie and did not care for it (I haven't seen the movie, so I don't know how true it is to the book), please read this gem of a book by Kate DiCamillo. It's wonderful.

4 comments:

Robin said...

The movie is cute. The book is better. I suspect the same will be true of The Tale of Despereux.

I love Kate DiCamillo. The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane made me cry. My kids made fun of me.

Gift of Green said...

Robin - The Tale... is on my list! And I will have to put The Miraculous Journey on next...

Mary Beth said...

Hi Amy! You are so lucky to get paid to read children's books. So awesome. I just did a post on childhood favorites on my blog. I wonder if we share any favorites.

ames said...

I agree with Mary beth, you are so lucky! I also got in on her childhood favorites fun, you should post about yours too!