Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Happy Birthday, Pip!

I cannot, just cannot, believe that you are the big 5.

Learn a bit more about the very moving and very simple way that Montessori celebrates a child's birthday here. We are so fortunate to have joined in a similar celebration today.

I leave you with a poem that I have quoted before; one that has sustained our family many times before.

I'm dancing.
I'm leaping.
I'm skipping about.
I gallop.
I grin.
I giggle.
I shout.
I'm Earth's many colors.
I'm morning and night.
I'm honey on toast.
I'm funny.
I'm bright.
I'm swinging.
I'm singing.
I wiggle.
I run.
I'm a piece of the sky
in a circle of sun

--Rebecca Kai Dotlich from Lemonade Sun: And Other Summer Poems

2 comments:

Susiej said...

Lemonade Sun... what an awesome imagery.

Dayna said...

This poem is such a lovely family poem. I need to check out that book!