Sunday, March 15, 2009

Going Green for Lent

Yesterday's Washington Post had a great article on going green for Lent! After doing a quick Google search, I found a lot of other pieces on this topic too, including one in my former hometown newspaper, The Boston Globe. I mean, look at that clothesline! Ain't it grand!

Saint Mark Presbyterian Church
in Maryland has a nice .pdf document with suggestions for an lent 40-day Carbon Fast!

And there's even this at the Evangelical Ecologist (whose slug line is "The World Isn't Ours to Mess Up" - Psalm 24:1). His blogroll is just chock full of links to like-minded blogs of all faiths.

All of this meandering let me to the website and blog of The Regeneration Project, "a religious response to global warming", a response which includes over 4000 congregations in 28 states. Is your congregation one of the 4000? What activities are happening in your neck of the woods?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I heard of the carbon fasting for Lent. I thought it was a great idea. Anything to get people doing good for our Earth.