Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Everything's Popping Up Popovers

Yesterday I decided to a try a little, ehem, cooking. {"For her birthday, my wife asked me to take her someplace she'd never been before. I said, 'How 'bout the kitchen?'"}

I dusted off this thing called a COOK BOOK which happened to be Mollie Katzen's Pretend Soup. Pip, Sprout and I were rewarded handsomely because with just a few ingredients and some simple steps (really, I would not lie about these things), we were eating pouffy, moist, yummy popovers hot from the oven.

I do believe that this success story will be the first on my Summer Redux list:

::Made popovers

Stay tuned...

4 comments:

Aliceson said...

I love Popovers! They are always a huge hit in my house too.

I posted the recipe and some photos on my blog a while back. http://feetoffthetable.blogspot.com/2009/02/popover-recipe.html

Dayna said...

love that book and that recipe! happy cooking :)

Gift of Green said...

Aliceson - those popovers look yummy - I'll have to consider getting a popover pan - it looks like it makes the popover pop up higher?

Dayna - Thank you, Ma'am!

Aliceson said...

Yes, and once you get a pan you'll use it all of the time!