Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Hope Still Lives

"And may it be said of us, both in dark passages and in bright days, in the words of Tennyson that my brothers quoted and loved, and that have special meaning for me now:

I am a part of all that I have met
To [Tho] much is taken, much abides
That which we are, we are --
One equal temper of heroic hearts
Strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.


For me, a few hours ago, this campaign came to an end.

For all those whose cares have been our concern, the work goes on, the cause endures, the hope still lives, and the dream shall never die."

~ Senator Ted Kennedy, 1980

Best wishes, Senator, from a former Bay Stater

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I cannot imagine this icon of my whole life not being involved in politics. Despite the 30+ years age difference, Ted Kennedy is just a part of the soundtrack of my life, a song I like, that should not be allowed to end.

Anonymous said...

I'll second that.