Monday, January 14, 2008

This Just In! The Newbery and The Caldecott

No, these are not yummy, fair-trade chocolates!

The winner of the Randolph Caldecott Medal for most distinguished picture book for children is The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick and the winner of John Newbery Medal for the most outstanding contribution to children’s literature is Good Masters! Sweet Ladies!: Voices from a Medieval Village, written by Laura Amy Schlitz.

For a complete listing of the just-announced literary award winners, head on over the the American Library Association's website.

Any of these books on your reading list?

~And don't forget my book giveaway~

1 comment:

Dayna said...

HI - I found your blog through your post over at the Rowdy Pea. Thanks for the link on the book award winners. I always like to check out the winners but forget when to look for them! I like the concept of your blog and I am always looking for ways to green our lives too! I will be back again. As for the zip lock bags...I struggle with these too. I have fund a fun solution though for some things...check out wrap-n-mat.com All the best!!