Since I began this journey towards greeness, I have learned so much from my readers and from my readees. In retrospect, there are a number of things I would have done differently had I known what I know now. Here are a few green/eco-friendly/natural wouldas:
1) I would have used cloth diapers. Not 100% of the time, but perhaps while I was on maternity leave or when were were just hanging around the house.
2) I definitely would not have used plastic bottle liners.
3) I still would have vaccinated my children, but I would have spaced them out a bit more (the vaccines, not my children).
4) I would have been less nervous about breastfeeding. What I feel is lacking most in terms of breastfeeding education is that breastfeeding is not a science. Some people need to breastfeed more, some less, some "ten minutes per breast and again every two hours", some good luck getting anything else done. It wasn't until my good friend Elisabeth told me that breastfeeding is more like "breastfeed for 40 minutes, have a slice of pie, start breastfeeding again", that I realized you pretty much do what it takes and forget all the advice books.
5) I would have worn my babies more rather than used the infant carseat/snap and go for every little thing.
What are some of your woulda/shoulda/couldas? And remember, don't beat yourself up over them. We do the best we can.