Thursday, July 16, 2009

Loving the Line

In my neck of the woods, close to Washington, D.C., the weather has been absolutely beautiful: no rain, low humidity, gentle breezes. This is quite unusual for D.C. summers where breathing, Mark Twain (I believe) once said, compared to sucking blubber through a straw.

I have received so many comments at my original Clothesline Challenge post. Please check back there for my replies as you know Blogger does not provide me with your personal email addresses.

I think it's time for another giveaway, don't you?

I have just finished reading, and am perfectly in love with, The Seven Wonders of Sassafras Springs by Betty Birney. If you have ever read, and loved, Cold Sassy Tree or even Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe you will understand the feel of this book. So, please leave a comment if you would like to be entered into a drawing for this little gem by Sunday, July 19th, 2009 at midnight Virginia time. And with all my friends from abroad chiming in, how could I not not ship internationally, so enter away!

And just to be clear, since it seems that bloggy giveaways are coming under a bit of scrutiny, this book will be purchased with all the money I'm saving by line drying.

4 comments:

Aliceson said...

I too am loving the line, in fact I have a load outside drying right now! I don't think I've turned my dryer on in weeks and it feels good.

That book sounds wonderful, I loved Fried Green Tomatoes. :)

Anonymous said...

No thank you on the book. I doubt I'd read it so I don't want to take the chance from someone who would. :)

I'm still loving my clothes lines. I've nearly made it to 90%. The rainy start to the challenge made it hard. Lately it's been gorgeous up here in southern PA too. Yesterday I got 7 loads of laundry done on the line. I officially have NO laundry waiting for me and it feels great that I didn't need the dryer for any of it.

Oh wait I lied. I have an oversized King comforter that requires a trip to the laundrymat to use their washer before hanging it to dry.

The best thing I could do was add a second line this year. It's made doing consecutive loads of laundry possible while still line drying.

Mary Beth said...

Amy, I am dying to know what kind of scrutiny the bloggy giveaways are coming under???

Nick said...

Does it count if you hang them indoors? I use this laundry drying rack that has found a great spot right under my ceiling fan. The air movement keeps the clothes from getting crunchy.