Monday, May 31, 2010

Seasonal SAHM Seeks Successful Summer

It's that time of year again.  I am so ready for summer.  I am very lucky that my job allows for the summer off, yet...  Around this time of year I get a little bit nervous about being a temporary Stay-At-Home-Mom.   Will I find the right mix of structure and fun?  Can I successfully establish a routine for my children and myself?  How much practice will it take to navigate the grocery store with two kids in tow?  Will I ever manage to get dinner on the table?  Yes, all of these things will take some getting used to...  What would be your tip for a successful summer for this seasonal SAHM?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's on your summer reading list? I'm looking for something fun to read -- and a little smuttiness never hurts either ;)
xoxo, ec.

joanie said...

We don't get out until July then we have 8 weeks of summer vacation. I find that the first week or two is tricky because the children are out of their routine. But by the time week 7 rolls around we're really settled into summer, then it's over!