Sunday, December 28, 2008

Out of the Fog

Not so much the fog, really, but the excitement and stress of a new job, the holiday season, new routines and other "stressors" that I've created for myself.

Today I am at home with a week of vacation stretching out before me (thanks to my new job in the public schools), which is a good thing because both of my bambinos are sick. "Robots" and "Ice Age": if I didn't know the dialogue to these movies by heart before, I certainly know it now.

In between this and that, I've been reading at a feverish pace to keep up with the voracious readers that are my students. I am currently reading "Frindle", a quick little book that appeals mainly to my third graders and I've just finished reading the first non-picture book read-aloud to my children "My Father's Dragon" - a book that held their interest chapter after chapter even with minimal illustrations.

As for the blog, while I have not outgrown Blogger, I think I've definitely outgrown my drab template. Any suggestions?

4 comments:

ames said...

I changed up my blog with just a new header image and a fresh color palette...of course I get bored very easily too. Happy New Year! Hope the babes are feeling better.

Carrie said...

I'm glad you're back! I've just had brief moments to check blogs and having to sign into an email seemed too much! I haven't been blogging much. Maybe in 2009.

Anonymous said...

Amy! A Third grade teacher!!! This is my favorite grade; and the teachers at this level are always so wonderful.
Plus, the books are so great! We are reading Frindle right now; of course we loved the Secret Life of Edward Tulane (a bit heavy; but my kids loved it) and the Diary of the Wimpy Kid books, and speaking of which, the Diary of a worm/spider seem to appeal to them too.

Lucky you!!!

Unknown said...

a pink & green theme